Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tradition-247












It is a tradition that I take my kids pictures every year around the time of their birthdays. I started when Hannah was 1. My hallway is lined on both sides with an 8x10 of each of their birth years. I guess its a good thing I only had 2 children. I only have 2 walls.

This was a special photo shoot for me. Hannah turned 16 on Oct. 30. We had our annual photo shoot yesterday and it was so enjoyable. She is becoming so mature and actually likes our photo sessions now. No more bribary. I used to slip them smarties during the shoot to get them to somewhat cooperate.
She started out so small (1lb. 14oz) and has come so far in her 16 years. She hasn't ever given us any major problems and actually gets along well with her younger brother. They never fight and are great friends. I am so lucky. I am also so Proud of my Hannah Kay. can't you tell?

This is just a sampling of many photos I took as you can imagine.

2 comments:

Mia said...

What a lovely tradition. Your daughter is beautiful and the photos are stunning. I can tell she is enjoying her moment with you.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! These are lovely portraits of a beautiful girl. My favorite is the barefeet in the creek...