Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'll miss her...


This is Nanny. My mother-in-law for 19 years. She was mother of 4, mother in law to 4 and grandmother of 7. The grandmother part being her most proud accomplishment. She passed this morning after a long bout with cancer.As mothers in law go, she was great. Not too overbearing, just a little bit, and a wonderful grandmother to my children who never really knew my mom. She was a wonderful cook and loved to read. She also loved her little dog as she did all animals. She was loved and we'll all miss her terribly, but are relieved to know her suffering is over. This Thanksgiving we remember her and all the wonderful meals she insisted on preparing, even when she didn't feel her best. But, most of all, we will be thankful that we had her as long as we did. I'll miss you Nanny...

4 comments:

Mia said...

Oh Deb,

My deepest condolences to you and your family. You write beautifully about your mother in law. She seems like a wonderful person to have in your life.

My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Deb, I'm so very sorry for your loss. May your Thanksgiving be filled with wonderful memories of her and everything she gave you. I'll be thinking of you...

Linda aka Elemobe said...

What a lovely lady. Enjoy the many fond memories.

So glad you posted this, I think it is a wonderful tribute - and yes, I agree with Mia, you do write beautifully.

Linda Judd said...

Deb, may God bless your hearts with comfort and good memories as you mourn the loss of your Nanny. I can tell, even in the picture, that she loved being a grandma.