Sunday, December 20, 2009

Image of the Day...

My first image of the day after an 11 month hiatus from blogging is one that I took a couple of weeks ago in Cades Cove. Wow! What can I say about Cades Cove? Well, it's the most wonderful place to photograph that I've ever been to. I won't say in the world, because the world is a big place that I have yet to venture to. So for now, it is the best place to photograph in my world. Most of my photos will be from the Smokies and Cades Cove. I used this image on my Christmas card this year. I started the tradition of making my own cards when my children were very small. Probably about 12-13 years ago. The cards have improved and evolved over the years and I believe are expected from me by friends and family. One constant on the cards is the inclusion of photos of my children on the inside with some design of my own on the cover. So this year I used this photo on the front with the "orton" effect added as well as a bit of photoshopping skills. It has been a big hit and I will probably start the new tradition of using one of my own photos on the front. I had never done this before and I don't really know why. So, here is the first of many of my favorites I plan to add daily. Enjoy!

The Carter Shields Cabin in Winter
Cades Cove
Great Smoky Mountains

No comments: