Friday, January 9, 2009

The Deer Whisperer
















Sometimes I feel like the deer whisperer. The deer and bucks seem to gravitate toward me lately. I was in the woods recently off the road in Cades Cove. I had seen one bigger buck far off the road and pulled over. I got out and walked into the woods just a little to get a better look at him. A few minutes later I hear footsteps and rustling and this guy (the one right above this post) comes out of the pines toward me. He wasn't a bit startled. Just started eating acorns off the ground as I continued to photograph him. Anyway, after I got done with him, I continued on down the road and saw 4 more young bucks and several does and older fawns with no spots. The last few times I've been up to the Cove, I've gotten some decent shots of bucks. Here are a few of those.




3 comments:

Mia said...

Wow, the first shot is just magical!!

We actually have a deer park very close by, I might have a go this weekend and see if I have any whispers within myself.

Anonymous said...

That last shot is especially amazing. How lucky you are to have access to these creatures and to have such luck photographing them...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.